The World Business Institute (WBI) provides a limited amount of research fund to carryout rigorous research on the following broad areas.
· All areas of banking
· All areas of financial economics
· All areas of quantitative finance
· All areas of general and corporate finance
1. The research must apply for research fund ( not exceeding US$5000) in a prescribed form
2. The fund will be released in three installments depending on the progress of the research work
3. The research must be completed within six months, starting from the receipt of first installment of the fund
4. The researcher must work jointly with a researcher selected by the WBI
5. The research paper must be submitted within six months to at least B grade/ranked journal within 6 months after receiving first installment of the fund . The list and rank of the journals can be viewed in www.abdc.edu.au
6. The paper published in the above ranked journals must include the name of the joint researcher selected by the WBI and any breach will make the researcher liable to refund the research grant and the researcher must provide undertaking in this regard.
7. The research proposal must be new, original and innovative and must not imitate the research undertaken by any person or ognisation and must not be published anywhere in any form.
There is no deadline for application and any person willing to apply for above research fund should apply to :
Cash Award for Publication
There is cash award for publication of research paper(s) produced from the
above WBI research project in the B and above ranked journals. The award
The above cash reward will go to the multiple researchers as per following proportion
a. Main/First Author : 80%; the second author selected by the WBI : 20% .If there is three authors:
b. Main author: 70%, second author 20% and the third author : 10%
Other incentive and award
After the publication of the paper (produced from the research project) , the main researcher will have the opportunity
· to edit one of our journals as gust editor
· to present research papers in our conferences without any registration fee
· to attend conference dinner without any payment
· to receive achievement certificate in conference dinner
Current Research Program
The WBI has funded the research project which involves study in Bangladesh, India and Pakistan. T
The name of the research project: Microfinance and Poverty Alleviation: Myth or Reality by: Dr. Mohammad Ziaul Hoque, Department of Accounting and Finance, Monash University, Australia
Research Funding Application Form
The application form is provided below (next page) .Please download the application form and send us the completed form.
Summary of application
Please use the table below to provide summary details of your research funding application.
Research Design and Research Methos
· The Research Project must specify the overall research design, the research methods to be used and how the data analysis will be conducted. It must be clear how the research design, the research methods and the data analysis techniques will provide answers to each key research question. In multi-method research designs explain how the different types of data will be analysed and integrated. Significant issues that might affect the progress of the research (e.g. data access issues) should be identified and strategies for overcoming these issues detailed. Research Plan:
· A detailed schedule is required showing the key tasks and activities. The schedule should cover what activities will be carried out, when they will occur, how they relate to other activities, how long they will take and what the key outputs associated with each activity will be. A list of key outputs needs to be included. Specify the key outputs to be developed through the project that best fit the nature of the project and that will maximise the effective dissemination of the findings. The start and end dates of each activity must be provided. Ensure that sufficient time is allowed to complete the deliverables as detailed.
Budget (including budget justification and value for money)
· Please include a clear presentation of an item-by-item budget showing funds sought for: personnel (the researcher can also spend the fund for himself or herself while doing the study and in such case s/he must specify how fund will be utilised) and data collection, Note that delivery of the research outputs should be fully funded within the research proposal. Indicate possible date of submission of the research papers to the journals. The WBI will fund the submission fee.
Funded Research Experience
Information about previous research project and funding bodies (e.g. Australian Research Council) that you have applied for or are in progress in the table below.
Please attach a CV for each research team member of no more than 500 words per team member, which includes all contact details (physical address, mailing address, email address and telephone number).
Dr. Zia Haqq,
World Business Institute, 31 Blake Street, Berwick 3806, Victoria, Australia
Phone (03) 97022734 and Fax (03) 97020122 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send the application
Please send the completed research funding application form to:
World Business Institute
31 Blake Street
Berwick Vic. 3806
|IResearch I Conferences I Courses I WBI Gold MedalI I Symposium|
|Copy right WORLD BUSINESS INSTITUTE-2010|